Subject: Need Used 7X42 Leica Binoc
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 15:47:23 -0500

Dear List,

I sold my green armoured 7X42 Leica binoculars and after using new Ultras
for a few months, I find I prefer the older model.  The older binoculars
are significantly lighter with optics that seem just as clear.  I also have
8X32 Ultra Leica binoculars that are a real gem.  They are light and focus
real close.  Believe it or not, they are great to take to musceums to get a
closer look at paintings and displays that are roped off and where you have
to view exhibits from a distance.

Has anyone compared the optics of the older 7X42 roof Leica binoculars to
the new Ultra's ?

Thanks for your comments.

Richard Clompus