Subject: Re: Tripod adapter for M cameras?
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 19:57:28 -0700 (MST)

>I'd like to be able to use M bodies on a tripod but I can't get on with
>the tripod socket being at the end.

Joe, I know hat Bogen makes some big platform heads that have a T shaped
slot milled in them allowing the camera mounting screw to slide anywhere
within the T. Damn that was a long sentence. Go to your local Bogen dealer
and try one of those out. By sliding the screw to the bottom of the T and
orienting the film plane along the vertical axis of the T your Leica will
sit squarely on the platform. I should have been a technical writer. IMHO,
though, the M cameras sit pretty solid atop any tripod whose platform is at
least as wide as the base is thick.

ben