Subject: Knobs falling of M6
From: "Otto J. Anshus" <otto@cs.uit.no>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 16:17:05 +0100

On the 21. Dec., the darkest day of the year, I was out shooting the
special light (or should I say dark) we have up here above the Polar
Circle (70 North.) The sun just managed to give a very week glow to the
horizon. It was windy, 15 inches of snow on the ground, and the
temperature was -15C. When I was packing my gear to return I noticed
that both of the two small knobs on the hinged film door of my '93/'94
M6 was missing. When I got home I found one of the knobs in my bag, the
other was gone.

These knobs protects the door when its open from scratching itself and
the edges of the top. I know because I had to reload film that day, and
the M6 now has selfmade scratches both on the top and the door. So watch
out for those knobs.

A telephone to the Leica distributor in Norway secured me new knobs (not
received yet), with the advice to use LocTite for glue.

Otto