Subject: Re: Contax SLR/G Origins
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 19:51:59 -0500

We are hardly discussing the P&S and related little fry:  we are discussing
the SLR's and the G series.

Again, why not READ what Kyocera themselves put out?  The lenses are totally
German in design and produced, for the most part, in Japan with all final
inspection being done by Carl Zeiss employees in the so-called 'round-eye
room' where no Japanese are permitted.  (This, incidentally, is a Kyocera
requirement and not one imposed by Carl Zeiss.)

The cameras are designed jointly.

Zeiss as part of this deal has pooled their electronic technology with
Kyocera.  I believe the electronics are primarily Zeiss and that Kyocera's
principal benefit from the partnership is access to this technology.

Please bear in mind that Zeiss is a MAJOR world defense contractor and that
they are at the cutting edge of electronic as well as optical technology.

Again, I would suggest that you discuss this with Kyocera or, at the least,
read their publications.

Marc

Marc James Small  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Thalla, a Bhallagair!