Subject: RE: Hats - OFF TOPIC!
From: David Young <youngs@IslandNet.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 16:09:31 -0800 (PST)

At 11:46 PM 29/12/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>Excuse me.  I'm of the age (46) where we Don't Wear Hats unless in the
>>military or the like.  What in the blazes is a 'Tilley hat'?
>
>        Otherwise known as "spot the american tourist hat" to those of us
>from the other side of the pond. ;>
>        Sturdy and practical they may be and always to be found advertised
>in the back of  grey power magazines but they look silly on anyone.
>"J"

Being a fine Canadian,I wear a fine Canadian hat - The Tilly.  Silly, it may
be, but it's kept me dry in downpours, and cool in deserts. (Makes a decent
sunshade to, when you lose your Leica lens hood.)  Only hat with a lifetime
warranty.  Generally, I HATE wearing hats, but I wouldn't be without it any
more than I'd be without my Leica!
David Young             |  Smile! It's the 2nd
Victoria, B.C. CANADA   |  best thing you can
youngs@IslandNet.com    |  do with your lips.