Subject: Re:close focusing distance
From: imxputs@knoware.nl (Erwin Puts/imX)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 23:10:26 +0100

>If the above is true, how come my M3 measures all the way down to 65cm
>with my 21 Super-Angulon? The rest of the way down to 40cm I appearently
>have to guess the distance.
>
>Claes

Excuse my inaccuracy! I was talking about 50mm optics, because the
discussion focused on that particular focal length. All information I have
(factory specs, books, instruction leaflets etc) say that the Super Angulon
on an M3 has rangefinder coupling to 1m (the M2, M4 etc go to 65cm)and can
be focused manually to 40cm. There are some lenses specifically made for
the M3 (all with finder attachments: 35mm Summaron, 35mm Summicron, 35mm
Summilux) that can focus till 65cm. The 35mm Summilux is interesting. The
normal version (without attachment for the M2/M4) focuses till 1m and with
the attachment for The M3 till 65cm.
If you really have an M3 that has  accurate rangefinder coupling with the
Super Angulon till 65cm, you have a unique piece of work.
Erwin Puts