Subject: Re: M 75f1.4 and 90f2.0
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 14:54:03 -0500

At 11:59 PM 20-01-97 +0800, Tony wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Can anyone tell me if I can find M 75f1.4 and 90f2.0 made in Germany?  A
>friend told me that 75f1.4 and 90f2.0 were designed earlier, thus, they were
>made in Canada only.
>
>I plan to buy a M6 + 24ASPH + 75f1.4 or 90f2.0.  Any suggestion?  I am a
>documentary photographer.

Don't know about the others, but as far as I know, the 75/1.4 was and is
still being built in Canada.  I just have to ask, does it really matter?  If
anything, a Canadian made version of this lens would be less expensive, if
only because there would be a stronger demand for a "made in Germany"
stamping on the lens.

By the way, I have the 75/1.4 and it is first rate.  I recently picked up an
85/1.4 Nikkor for my F2.  This is supposed to be one of the very best in the
Nikon lineup.  I have yet to do an exhaustive comparison, but I have already
determined that the Nikkor is very much prone to flare, much, much more so
than the Leica.  The Nikkor is very sharp though, even wide open.  It is
also excellent close up.  In the Spring I plan on going out with both lenses
and doing a side by side test using real world subjects (not test charts) to
see which one I prefer.

Dan C.