Subject: Re: VISO LIVES! What is a Viso?
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 14:12:02 -0500

At 12:39 AM 22-01-97 +0100, you wrote:
>Oh no! Sorry, but..what is a Viso (Visoflex)? And while we are at it, what is
>a PLOOT, and a PAMOO? BTW, thanks to everyone who has answered
>my previous questions about Leica acronyms. I'm sure there will be more in
>the future.  [snip]

PLOOT: Mirror reflex housing with fixed magnifiers and double cable release
(1935).  Modified in 1940.  Basically a Visoflex 0.

PAMOO:  looks like an eyepiece for the PLOOT.

I'm not sure how it could be managed without people cheating, but it would
be fun to have a Leica(Leitz) acronym contest.  Sort of like a spelling be.
Last survivor wins an M6 with 35 ASPH.

Dan C.