Subject: Re: Curious about leica??? Zoom on rangefinder?????
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 08:41:44 -0500

At 12:25 PM 1/24/97 +0100, christoph wrote:

>   some kind of a 'lens revolver', where you can mount several lenses and
>   quickly change from one to another.
>   I think old motion picture cameras used to have it and from Leica there was
>   a universal viewfinder in this technique.

Leica made such a device for their thread-mount cameras in the early '50's
and an aftermarket supplier made one for the M cameras a couple of years
later.  Both bombed in the marketplace as being too heavy and cumbersome and
became 'rare collectibles'?

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!