Subject: Re: 85-90 M and SM lenses
From: hartmann@interaccess.com (Nicholas Hartmann)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 18:38:29 -0600

>In the late 50's and early 60's, the Nikkors probably had the best
>reputation in LTM, better in fact than the Leitz or Canon lenses of the
>time.
>
>The 85/2 was the best selling Nikkor Portrait lens until the 105 was
>introduced, then 85/2 sales dried up.
>
>the 105 can be safely considered on of the best lenses ever made in LTM.
>
>Stephen Gandy

Thank you, Stephen; I guess did understand you correctly. I'm delighted to
hear the Nikkors have such a good reputation.

- -- Nick

Nicholas Hartmann                               hartmann@interaccess.com
P.O. Box 1005                                   73057.724@compuserve.com
Oak Park, IL  60304                                       (708) 524-1191
USA                                                   fax (708) 524-1355

Technical and scientific translator:  German, French, Italian -> English