Subject: Re: Leica slide projector
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 18:02:42 +0100

>   I am looking at buying a slide projector.  One shop has ex-stock, a P150
>   with 85mm Hektor 2.8 lens.  I am told that I can get a  better projector as
>   Leica makes an up market model.   What is the model number of this better
>   projector?

>   I can also choose to buy a Colorplan lens P2.  Another is the Colorplan P2
>   CF.  What is the difference between the P2 and the P2 CF?

>   All said, should I be looking at a Kodak carousel projector instead?

>   Thanks.

>   Dan

Dan,

the CF stands for curved field. This means a much better performance when
projecting glassless slides. I have both lenses and use only the CF lens. I
never tried the Super Colorplan, which is not available as CF. If you have
slide frames with glass, this is said to be the best lens.

The Kodak projectors are much better in terms of interfaces to a computer or
whatever. They have a different kind of bulb, which does not produce so much
heat.

christoph