Subject: Re: Kodak/Ilford consistency; was X-mas Tree Test
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 11:40:40 +0100

  C.M. Fortunko wrote:

>   I am using my V35 with color head. I recently bought a great book on B&W
>   printing from Silver Press. This great English printer (Darryl?) also used
>   the V35 but recommended not using the built-in filters. Do you have any
>   experience with below-lens filters on V35?

>   Chris

One reason not to use the built-in colour filters is, that they are not
density corrected; so you have to fiddle a lot when changing the
colour/contrast whith the exposure time.

I use the V35/colour with ilford MGIV paper and have realized, that I have to
exposure longer than expected when moving from small testprints to larger
scales. I don't have my list at hand but I remember that it is sometimes more
than 50% on top of the calculated time. All the times i use are not in the
range where Ilford gives extended values due to Schwarzschildt correction.

christoph