Subject: Re: Pin Hole
From: photology@juno.com (Thomas P Myro)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 03:40:57 EST

Good Day!

Hey!!  Something fun to try with your pinholes.  Mount a foil pinhole on
your bellows to create a "Pinhole Zoom"  The distance from the pinhole to
the focal plane is the will render an image of similar magnification to a
lens with the same focal length.  Aperture would be calculated. I
BELIEVE-- (nobody beat me up if I'm mistaken, please) by dividing the
distance of the pinhole from the focal plane by the physical aperture of
the pinhole, in mm-- ie a 0.5mm hole in a foil thats 100 mm away from the
film would yield an aperture of 1:200.

Sincerely,

Thomas P. Myro