Subject: Re: Newsgroup
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 12:16:00 -0500

At 02:44 AM 2/17/97 +0000, jack@purr.demon.co.uk wrote:

>Eric Welch posted a stack of them before he quit.  Bob Degutis posted
>binary attachments with every message for weeks on end before finally
>figuring how not to.  David Almy posted a couple but caught on to the
>problem and fixed it quickly.  (All of these generated by some piece of
>dimwit Microsoft email software that comes with antisocial defaults set).
>Stephen Kobrin (the bozo from the University of Pennsylvania) just posted
>85K of binary crap which, as far as I can tell, should never have been
>emailed ANYWHERE, let alone to this list, as it encoded some sort of
>financial intelligence report covered by a non-disclosure agreement.  Is
>that enough to jog your memory?

Even more annoying, Mr Campin, is your refusal to edit -- is your delete key
broken?

I occasionally get the WINMAIL.DAT files you speak of, which are not a
concern.  I did not receive any of the other postings of which you complain.
Are you on a 'special' LUG of some sort, or am I being picked on?

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!