Subject: Doubt on state of my used M6
From: "Nicolas Levinton" <nicolev@jet.es>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 12:16:28 +0100

Hi friends.

Since I bought a used M6, I am more than pleased with the results. I am =
in love . Who said that money can=B4t buy love? ;-)
However, yesterday I looked at the inside through the lens hole, without =
the lens inserted (sorry for my ignorance of english terminology) and =
there is something that surprised me and put me in serious doubt:

Clearly identifiable I can see: the metering lens, the metering white =
circle, and 5 screws two of which are cross-shaped (+). Of this two =
screws, there is one that is bigger than the other and not black, but =
dark grey. Well, to the sides of this screw, there are quite noticeable =
rests of dark black glue!!=20
Before taking it to the dealer that sold it to me to ask him for an =
explanation, and maybe going through some embarassment, I wanted to ask =
you guys if this is normal, or if any of you knows what it is. I don=B4t =
have the chances of seeing many Leicas around here in Madrid, so I =
thought that a quick check with you would be best.

Thanks in advance.

			Nicolas Levinton.
			nicolev@jet.es