Subject: Making pictures with the M Leica
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 18:22:04 -0700 (MST)

I was thinking of all of the little tricks I've picked up from older, more
experienced, or just plain smarter photogs and wondered if, like me, others
could benefit from them. The M Leica has it's quirky pluses that, once
understood, can become useful in making remarkable pictures.

I read about a guy who sets all of his lenses to infinity when he puts the
lens cap back on. This allows him to always know which way to focus the
lens. I've been doing this and it's become a habit for me. It makes grab
shots faster and I end up with more of those that are printable.

We had a good thread once about breathing out and relaxing just before the
exposure when using real slow shutter speeds. This is technique that I
learned a long time ago and find to be useful. I've made some nice pictures
at 1/4 sec. handheld using this trick.

The point to this thread is to coax some of the LUG members to give up their
secret arsenal of tricks. So, let's hear it. Give us some ideas that can
make us all better users.

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes

Boulder, CO