Subject: A Bunch of Zealots!!
From: "David W. Almy" <dalmy@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 20:49:53 -0500

All,

As of last weekend there were 229 LUGNUTS registered with with our
friendly majordomo server, resident somewhere in California I think, if
that matters. Over the last year this esteemed group has generated 5+
megs of text threads on a variety of topics, most acutely related to the
use and lore of photographic equipment hailing from Germany (or a
subsidiary). Daily LUGNUT message traffic is up an average of about, oh,
25 percent, which means we're writing more, not less, which, depending
on your view of the quality of the discussions, could also be viewed as
positive.

Here's the point: Does anyone know if anyone in Solms is listening, or
cares? You'd think that these threads would be a marketing maven's
dream, but if a tree falls in the woods... I'd hate to think that
Leica/Solms is missing some of the most insighful commentary ever
written about their products and services. Or that all this rampant
wisdom educates only us (for which I'm very grateful).

A bunch of zealots can change the world if only someone bothers to
listen.

Cheers,

David W. Almy
Annapolis, Maryland