Subject: Re: Thoughts from a user
From: "Peter Jon White" <pjwhite@tiac.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 21:55:30 +0000

> >I also wonder why Leica are so fond of the red logo on their cameras? I
> >think it is because they want to create an easily identified prestige image
> >for their brand.

To me the red logo is tacky. But also the name engraved on the front
is also excessive. How many times do we need to be told it's a Leica?

I'm in the bicycle business. I build custom frames. I'm really put
off by the decals on some manufacturers bicycles. One particularly
offensive brand from Italy has the name of the bike 13 times on the
frame. Enough already!

I'd like to have a Leica with a hot shoe but they all have the name
in front. So I do without. My loss I guess.

Peter Jon White