Subject: Re:Mr. Love' thoughts
From: Lucien <100774.527@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 24 Feb 97 07:12:05 EST

Charles E. Love wrote:

<Leica has unnecessarily restricted its market still further
<by refusing to update the M.  There is no excuse today for refusing to build
<an autoexposure camera, and aperture-preferred could be done without
<changing the lenses at all.  There is no excuse for not having a modern
<metering system, with a choice of at least spot and averaging metering and
<an exposure hold capability.  There is no excuse for not redoing the
<viewfinder so that people with glasses don't have to buy auxiliary
<viewfinders for the 28 and in some cases the 35, and so that we don't have
<to put up with distracting multiple framelines.  Indeed, there's no excuse
<for not solving the problem of small framelines with moderate telephotos.
<There's no excuse for continuing the difficult, slow and error-prone film
<who's loaded a Leica R knows how much easier and quicker  it is).  All these
<changes would make the Leica M do what it does best, better.

I can't say it better,

Lucien