Subject: Re:Mr. Love' thoughts
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 11:03:46 -0700 (MST)

>Charles E. Love wrote:
>
><Leica has unnecessarily restricted its market still further
><by refusing to update the M.  There is no excuse today for refusing to build
><an autoexposure camera, and aperture-preferred could be done without
><changing the lenses at all.

The only problem I see with this is that the mechanical shutter would have
to become one that is electronically controlled. This means IC's and a
complete rethinking of the shutter. Remember what makes these cameras different.

I think an obvious direction to go with the M, without changing the chassis,
would be to build a digital back. The big picture is still the internet.

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes

Boulder, CO
USA