Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #384
From: Doug Richardson <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 97 16:04:57 +0000

Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> said he was looking for 8mm
standard cine film.

Yesterday I asked around while visting camera stores in London. Currently
8mm standard gauge cine film is available here from The Widescreen Centre.
This is 25ASA black and white film. Normally they stock two speeds (both
B&W) buy they only have 25ASA at the moment.

The phone number of the Widescreen Centre (for folks outside of the
UK) is 171-935-2580.

Their website is www.wscreen.demon.co.uk

Perhaps they could provide info on sources in other countries, or even
sources of colour film.

Since I'm not into cine,  I have'nt tried calling them, so I don't know
what brand the film is, or how you can get it processed. However, one of
the salesmen at Classic Collection (who told me about them) phoned up to
make sure that they had film in stock. He also  told me that France still
has a significant number of cine enthusiasts -  perhaps one of our French
LUG members could make some enquiries.

If the info needed by any of out non-UK 8mm enthusiasts is not on the
company's website, email me with your questions, and I'll give them a
phone call.

Regards,

Doug Richardson