Subject: Re: Off Topic--Fiber Flattening
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 02:29:59 -0500

At 10:30 PM 01-03-97 -0400, Frank wrote:
>Anyone have any success stories with flattening agents for fiber based
>papers? Any other techniques (besides sticking them in the middle of the
>Oxford English Dictionary)? These are prints I don't want to mount on
>boards.

If you have access to a dry-mounting press (or better yet, two presses), let
the print air-dry until it is almost dry, then place it between two sheets
of matt board, and place in a heated press for about 30 seconds.  Remove
sandwich, and place in COLD press until cooled off.  I only have one press,
so I simply place hot matt boards under weights for a few minutes after
removing it from the hot press.  The prints will be smooth, but will have a
tendency to curl slightly.  When matted, this curl will disappear.

Dan C.