Subject: Re: Suitable Grease for Lensmouns
From: gregm@world.std.com (Greg Mironchuk)
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 12:27:08 -0400

At 9:48 AM 3/6/97, Marc James Small wrote:
>The old stand-by is automotive axle grease,

I have been using White Lithium Gease... which may be purchased in small
(less than a quart) sizes off a peg rack, in any automotive store. My tube
is eight years old, and barely dented.

I am known to mix it with a (sparing) amount of graphite powder, to
increase its "slippability". I "paint" it onto a lens' helicoid with a
stiff nylon artists' brush, usually reserved for painting with acrylic
paints.

In addition to lens lubrication, this combo is DYNAMITE on the part of a
guitar (the nut) where the strings are kept seperated from one another,
before going to the peghead, for tuning.

This area needs to be lubricated, in an effort to keep the strings from
binding, and not returning to proper "tune" after being manhandled by the
players' fingers.

                                        Greg.

                                                      Greg Mironchuk
                                              409 Central St, Saugus, MA 01906