Subject: Selenium meter recommendations
From: creadick@mindspring.com (Nowell & Jennifer Creadick)
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 22:45:36 -0500 (EST)

snip

lenium
>meter - total freedom from batteries! Anybody know of other
>decent selenium meters? How about old Westons or GEs? What was
>their lowest EV capability?
>
>Thanks for letting me ramble, and for any meter info.
>
>Paul.

Paul..I am a pretty big fan of selenium meters and highly recommend the
Zeiss Ikon Ikophot....very easy to use and quick and sensitive...I don't
know all the models and I don't shoot much fast film so some restricted
selection (asa) there does not bother me.  I see them around in the $40
range.
 I also like the M and MC meters ok..although they are a bit bulky and
heavy..seem to change the perfect camera into one that is a bit too big and
a bit too heavy.... but I would like to find someone who will trade me a
good user black one for a good user chrome one (M or MC..I have a M). The
black would look so much cooler on my user black paint M4.

One more question comes to mind for those who may know..does it harm the
use/life of the M meter to take off the front door? Finally, where does one
find one of those little Metrawatt meters.. for the screw mount Leicas?

  Nowell

Chapel Hill, NC

Although love may fail, courtesy should prevail.