Subject: Re: Lens cases for long Visoflex lens
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 10:46:39 -0500

My 400 Telyt resides in a burgundy leather case. Cost? About $10 and some
time. My wife and I made the case of very thin closed cell foam, tape and a
piece of leather. I made the inner tube from closed cell foam by cutting a
rectanglar piece wide enough to roll around the head of the lens and long
enough to extend the entire lens length. I taped it into a tube. I place
the end of this tube on another piece of foam and traced the circle around
it. I then cut out the circle and taped it to the bottom of the foam tube.

I gave this to my wife who cut the leather to fit around it and sewed it
up. The leather at the top extends higher than and foam tube and lens and
is pierced to allow a leather draw string to be placed through it.

Total time for construction was about an hour.

Cheers!

kw

- ----
LHSA, MEA, LAW                         preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>