Subject: Re: Screw Mt.,Thanks & Help pls...
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 09:27:52 -0500

Having an inoperative slow gear train will not affect the normal speeds.
The answer to your question depend entirely on the ansswer to this
question. Do you intend to use the slow speed? If not, don't bother fixing
them.

kw

>Luggers,
>Thanks for the advise on lubricating the focusing (ring?)(screw?) on my
>old Elmar 50mm collapsable screw mt.  I ended up using waterproof
>bicycle hub grease, very sparingly and neatly; feels perfect.
>Now here's the question - the only screw mt. I have is a rangefinder
>Canon: model Vt delux that has a Leicavit type winder built in.  (It has
>a great veiwfinder that rotates between 50, 35 or just the rangefinder
>that is still quite bright.
>The slow speeds don't work (sim. config. to III's).  Is it worth getting
>this fixxed? - I know nothing about Canons, being an M-3/CL guy.
>Yes, lens gives great results, having put it on a 3...
>thnks yr advise
>sblutter

- ----
Davison Middle School                  preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>