Subject: Another night on the IRC!
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 11:20:53 -0500

Last night Hal Robinson showed up to join me (actually, I showed up after
him!) in the #leica chat group on the undernet IRC network.  It would have
been nice if there were more of you there, but it was still interesting for
us to compare notes on our Leica equipment etc.  Think of the IRC as a
realtime mailing list.  Instead of posting a note that may take hours to
show up in everyone's mailbox, a post on the IRC shows up in seconds, almost
instantaneously.  Roger couldn't make it last night, but I will be there
again this evening at 8:00 p.m. EST.

Ideally, once the novelty wears off, we can try to set a time where if we
wanted to log in, we would have a good chance of finding someone else there
at that time.  Think of it as a supplemental LUG.   AND, if we had a web
site where we could display our Leica photos, we could use the IRC as a
medium for critique.

Incedently, I chose the undernet network only because that's the one I used
previously.  If it turns out to be too busy (and I did have problems the
last two nights) we can try another server network, such as one of the
Dalnet servers (any server ending in Dalnet or undernet, as the case may be,
is suitable).  For more info, email me.

Dan C.