Subject: 35/1.4 on CLE
From: "Michiel Fokkema" <mfokkema@pop3.worldaccess.nl>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 21:11:22 +0000

Hello,

A few days ago I posted a question about mounting a 35/1.4 to a CLE.
This is in principle not possible, however the lens can be very
easily modified. The leica repairman I bought the lens from did this
for free and now it works very well on the CLE.
I also bought a 50/1.4  second generation, from which I saw the first
results today. This is a really good lens, much better than my 50/2.0
NF, both optical as well as mechanically.
The jupiter 85/2.0 I've been using now for some months is a very good
lens for the money I paid for it. Full aperture is just good enough
for low light portraits, very soft and  low contrast. This improves off
course when the lens is stopped down, at 4.0 it is oke, and very
suitable for portraits stil being a bit soft.
I sold a M3 for the same price as I bought it 13 years ago, which
means that I've been shooting for 13 years with a top camera for
free! I hope I'm not going to miss this M3 being  the first piece
of Leica I bought, from my first salary when i was 18 years old.

      Greetings,

                 Michiel.