Subject: Re: Leica as weapon
From: Ted Grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 12 Mar 97 16:11:24 EST

David Young wrote:
<<<This is a world-wide list - and through out the world there are many
different viewpoints. No matter which way "your" way is, it isn't the "only"
way. Let us all be a little more tolerant.>>>>>>>

G'day David,

Right on!

Some of these guys think this is a little enclosed north American collection and
forget we are international in scope.

Besides that, I don't know how this LUG gang have had the wheels fall off this
thing the past couple of weeks and all the space, time, adnauseum of things
totally out of context regarding Leica.

What I find amazing is that no one relates to what they do in the real world in
using their cameras, other than I'm a street photographer or some other
nondescript nothing!  Their experiences could be a great learning vehicle for
everyone, unfortunately we see nothing pertaining to "use" and how they did
something.

The questions of "how to clean" etc. are fine, as that is part of being in here
to ask and receive answers. I believe there is a wealth of interesting stories
from assignments and picture taking, that could make this group far more
interesting, than the constant babble of which lens has the most widdgetts or
whatsits.

Then when we do have a move from the mechanics, it goes completely crazy into
some fun things, then ridiculous and finally into the last touches of idiocy.

Time for everyone to get back on track, and for heavens sake lets exchange some
real life experiences so others can and will learn, how and where to make the
Leica a far more effective producer of world class photographs.

ted grant
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant