Subject: Re: Why so few messages? That's easy...
From: colin <colinmi@fast.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 22:15:41 -0600

Steven Blutter wrote:

> i just got a canon vt delux that i'm interested in but got no response.
>  the sound of a hundred noses pointing skyward?
>
> Hey, here's a question on topic - - the canon came with that old SM
> Elmar 50.  i'm an M guy so don't know SM's at all.  what lens shades
> are/were avail. for this?  no i don't have any of the big reference
> books.  also wasn't there a device to more conveniently adjust the f:
> stops?  anyone got one?  what should i expect to pay?

Steven,

There was a nifty little shade for the Elmar that gave you an aperture
ring up front.  I can't recall the codeword for it. (VALOO?)(Sounds like
an enlarger...) Anyway, it's in that little book which I can't locate at
the moment.  It's very sturdy and makes the lens much nicer to use.  It
might have been made for use with the lens on the enlarger as well.  I
think I usually see them at about $50.

Speaking of VT de luxe's:  I shot my first roll with a black one of
those the other day.  I had never done much with the Canon RF's before.
I thought is was 'pretty cool'.  The viewfinder on this one is real
clean and sharp (switchable 35, 50 and 100? magnification).  The 50 1.2
seemed to have pretty good contrast, but I couldn't tell sharpness on
the stuff I was shooting.  The Elmar 3.5 would give the camera a real
different personality I think.  It was something new and it got my
attention.  I may explore these a little more.

Have fun,

Colin