Subject: Leica bashing on usenet groups.
From: captyng@vtx.ch (Gerard Captijn)
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 08:08:11 +0200

David,
The number of 100 milliseconds that I quoted related to non-autofocus SLR's.
The Leica-R exposes approximately 90 milliseconds after pressing the button,
they are between the fastest non-autofocus SLR's on the market.

The time parrallax of autofocus reflex camera's is far more than 100
milliseconds and depends on autofocus system and lensconstruction. Delays of
150 - 250 milliseconds are usual.

Gerard Captijn,
Geneva, Switzerland.
 >Gerard Captijn wrote:
>>
>> The conclusion? Modern autofocus SLR's have a delay, between pushing the
>> button and effective exposure, of in the order of 100 milliseconds dependi
>> on their construction. A Leica-M rangefinder camera operates with 17
>> milliseconds time parrallax. Once exposure and distance are set, the Leica
>> is probably very superior for street/candid etc. photography as the
>> possibility to produce the image that we visualised is far higher than wit
>> a 6 times slower SLR.
>>

>Good point - well stated.  A question: Does anybody know the delay in a NON-AF
>SLR, such as the R series Leica's?
>
>Now you've got me curious....
>
>David Young.
>Victoria, Canada.