Subject: Re: Leica bashing on usenet groups.
From: captyng@vtx.ch (Gerard Captijn)
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 13:09:15 +0200

In terms of time parrallax, there is not much difference between electronic
and mechanical R cameras as in both SLR's the aperture has to close to the
preset value and the mirror has to get out of the way. In both cases
entirely mechanical action that takes time.

Gerard Captijn,
Geneva, Switzerland.
- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>   David,
>   The number of 100 milliseconds that I quoted related to
>   non-autofocus SLR's.  The Leica-R exposes approximately 90
>   milliseconds after pressing the button, they are between the
>   fastest non-autofocus SLR's on the market.
>
>I guess whenever somebody posts something about the R cameras that
>only applies to the electronic ones, one of us R6-lovers has to pipe
>up and remind people that the R6 and R6.2 are different, because
>they're mechanical.  I'll pipe up this time -- the release on the R6
>and R6.2 is instantaneous, being mechanical.  There is an
>electromagnetic release for the shutter also -- it's used with the
>motor drive, the remote release, or the self-timer, but the release
>from the shutter button is mechanical, as is the shutter itself.
>
>-Patrick

INTERNET PROVIDER: GROUPE VTX
                   CH-1009 PULLY

MAIL TO: info@vtx.ch