Subject: Re: Burning film (was Leica bashing on usenet groups)
From: Kari Eloranta <eloranta@lammio.hut.fi>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 97 13:02:20 +0200

Ok, Ted, no grudge.

I certainly agree with you that when there is a captivating subject
one still has to have an idea how to shoot it. Once that is clear
there is no reason to save film.

Except perhaps circumstances.

From purely personal reason I find that NG stat very interesting.
I'm a privateer when I'm travelling and shooting. I don't have a
supporting crew carrying my gear or filling stations on my route. If
I travel with others I'm not going to slave my buddies to carry my
tripod etc. When I wander between distant villages somewhere say in
Africa a month or two then all I can have is two or three bodies, a
few lenses and the maximum of 50-60 rolls of film on top of my other
stuff (even that I have to somehow allocate to BW & color in
advance). Thia is a boundary condition they don't have and I'm
envious!

Regards,

Kari