Subject: Re: 50mm Summilux versions?????
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1997 17:09:50 -0500

At 02:06 PM 4/4/97 -0500, Duane Birkey wrote:

>When did they update the 50 Summilux (to the built-in hood, 46mm
>filter)?  Did they update the optics along with the mechanical changes?
> I'm assuming they did, how much improvement or unimprovement was there
>between the two?

The Summilux was originally a renamed Summarit.  The lens was optically
reconfigured at 1,844,001 in 1961.  The mount was changed several times
thereafter, including the 1992 change to the inbuilt lenshood, but the
optical formula has remained unchanged for the past 36 years.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!