Subject: Roo bars
From: firkin@netconnect.com.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 12:33:55 +1000

Lugnuts

>I wonder if Australia has the same problem with kangaroos in their more
remote areas?

Sincerely,

Richard

The answer is yes. The problem is always more acute when we have had a long
dry spell and the roo's come closer to the main highways, looking for feed.
We call "cow catchers" Roo bars or Bull bars but their main victims are
pedestrians. Australians are very protective of their wildlife. In 1930's a
cricketer named Jardine was touring and whilst playing was swatting the
flies away from his face. From the fence came "Jardine, keep your hands off
our flies"

Alastair Firkin