Subject: Toners and Leica Glow
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 16:17:09 -0400

Oddmund wrote

>Contax TVS with a 28-56mm Vario-Sonnar. If I need big prints (50x60 cm
and
>up), I'll use a Rolleiflex 3.5 Planar/Tessar with a Sunpak Autopro
120J-DX
>open bulb flash. Otherwise, there are lots of good cameras: Contax T2,
>Olympus mju-2, Nikon FM, why not a Rollei 35, a Leica-M with a 35mm or
>50mm Summicron, or one of those old rangefinders from the 1970s, like
the
>Canon QL17 and the Olympus RD.
>imperfections.

>Sometimes prints are finally toned using copper, gold, uranium, sepia,
>selenium or other toners. The dangerous part of the job... For the
seniors
>I'd rather use sepia. That will conserve the prints for the
descendants as well.

>Oddmund

Uranium toner???????  Never heard of such a toner.  How would describe
it's effect and color on the print and where can you buy it?   I'm not
sure I want to anyhow, I use a  selenium for increasing D-max without
significant color changes .

(I can't resist this one)  Is this how you achieve the Leica "glow"
with your Contax TVS?

Still chuckling,

Duane Birkey