Subject: Re: M7---Well Sort Of--
From: pcb@iac.co.jp (Paul C. Brodek)
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 23:23:28 +0900

Jeff,

The Adorama lenses are not made by Ricoh or Konica.  There seem to be
two different "off-brand" companies making Leica rangefinder-
compatible lenses.  I've seen a 21mm and 28mm (I think) in Japan
marketed under the "Kobalux" (?) brand.

The Konica Hexar lens was introduced in Japan about a year ago and
sold out within a couple of months.  The only ones I've seen in shops
in the Osaka area were used.

The Ricoh 28mm lens is due to hit the market sometime in May.  Ricoh
is planning a production run of 3,000 lenses, but I don't know if they
will be exporting any outside of Japan.  I wonder if Ricoh USA would
have any word on that?

Regards,

PB

On 20 Apr 97 09:09:08 -0700, "Jeff Segawa" <segawa@nospam.netone.com>
wrote:

[snip]
>I note that someone else has mentioned Konica and
>Ricoh as makers of M-compatible lenses; anyone know how to get ahold of
>these, how good they are, and what the prices might be? Could these be =
the
>no-name lenses currently being sold by Adorama?
[snip]

Paul C. Brodek
Kobe, Japan
pcb@iac.co.jp