Subject: Re: Nikon vs Leica
From: "gess" <gess@icon.co.za>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 23:31:56 +0200

Hi

I have old Leica M3 in good condition, Nikon SP in reasonable condition and
moder Leica M's. If you look at the cameras and their lenses there is
little question. The finish of the Leicas is far better than the Nikon (now
I'm not biased as all my SLR equipment is Nikon), but the Nikon lenses for
RF are good but not great. The Leica lenses (I have a number and some are
old, some new) are better ... I haven't done scientific tests but I know
what I see on a picture!!! However, the Nikon lenses still beat cheaper SLR
lenses and modern Point and shoots. (excluding high end ones!). However, I
don't think the Nikkor lenses are copies of Leica...the technical
differences are often substantial...

PS...anybody want to swap a Nikon SP and 35 F2.5 + 135 F3.5 for some nice
Leica stuff?

Harold

email on gess@icon.co.za