Subject: Re: Storing M lenses back-to-back
From: wilcox@umcc.umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 16:33:20 -0400

><<<<One drawback of these rings is that if you remove one lens, the back of the
>other lens is exposed.>>>>>
>
>I have used two types of "rings" over the years and at no time are the rear
>elements exposed after removing one of the lenses.
>
>There is an adapter made by Leica to mount two lenses back to back, they are
>grey in colour and are the same as rear lens caps, except they are all in one
>piece.

There may be others, but all the Leica made couplers for M that I've seen
are rings rather than caps. The R couplers, on the other hand are as you
have described above.

Does the M coupler actually exist as a Leica product in the form you
describe above? I would be interested in finding some.

Cheers!

kw

- ----
LHSA, MEA, LAW                         preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>