Subject: Re: Leicaphilia
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 01 May 97 22:18:35 EDT

Godfrey wrote:

<<<<The reason is that when I hang something on the wall, no matter how splendid
or brilliant, it will eventually disappear from my view. I just stop seeing
it.>>>>>>

Hi Godfrey,

 You re quite right!  And it doesn't matter if it is a happy snap home photo or
a $30,000 original,  after awhile they become part of the wall paper and just
fall from your view.

Like you, I love to sit and look through one of the books when the mood strikes
me and then it is a special occaision. One of my favourits is  "75 Years of
Leica Photography". I use it for enthusiasm pumping or sometimes after an extra
stress day of dealing with visually challenged editors. :)  It allows me to
loose myself in another world and relax.  I guess the single malt scotch helps
also! :)

And because you don't see them daily, you never loose the appreciation for the
contents and in many ways you see new pictures each time you open them.

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant