Subject: Leica R8 questions
From: cyberdog@unicall.be
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 19:15:42 +0200

Does anyone know the answer to these questions:

1) I noticed there is no viewfinder illumination button on the R8. As the
viewfinder indications are with a green LCD, how can they be visible under
dark circumstances or at night?

2) Exposure memory lock is apparently only possible with spot metering, not
with center-weighted metering. You can only adjust exposure by using the
exposure compensation handle (override function). Is this correct and, if
so, a handicap in practical photography? I would find it easier to always
use a memory lock instead of override.

3) How long do batteries last with this camera?

Thanks.

Pascal
Belgium

This message was created and sent on a Macintosh PowerBook