Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #473
From: Bob427@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 13:37:49 -0400 (EDT)

I just got the new Tamarkin catalog, in which was a demo model Leica
Mini-Zoom for only $199. Needless to say, I ordered one right away. Of
course, other ads in Shutterbug and other magazines caught my eye...the
Mini-Zoom sells for anywhere (brand new) between $259 and $429. Non-databack
models start at $229 (Smile photo). Quite a range! Does anyone know why there
is such a large discrepancy in price? Is it warranty, accesories, what? My
minizoom isn't here yet but I expect it today. Thanks.

PS - this answers my need for a small pocket point-and-shoot, and geez, why
not a Leica? Gets me into the present too...my only other Leica is a
beautiful near-mint 1953 IIIF!