Subject: Re: 2.8/90 Rankings
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 16 May 97 16:07:50 EDT

90mm lenses:

Guys.

I have to say this, only because if you are a working photographer and using
them regularly, any lenses. I find it hard to believe which one is better than
the other makes any difference!

My concern over the years has always been buying a particular lens to do a
particular job on an assignment.  I beleive I might have said this before, but
how many photographers with their asses down in the mud or wondering what the
next sound might bring, worry about let alone give any thought to which of the
90's gives whatever it is different, one to the other?

If you are big time into happy snap tourist stuff and or making prints 30 feet
by 40 feet, I guess there would be some concern. But in reality on a working
assignments of people and life, do you immediately see the difference one unto
the other?  I mean in the crucial succes of the quality of the content?

Just wondering.:)

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant