Subject: Re: 2.8/90 Rankings
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 16 May 97 22:10:42 EDT

<<BUT, as I've said here before I'm hung up on backlighting using
this glorious AZ sun that we have in such quantity. I get off on
backlit cactus species. >>>

Hi Roger,

I hadn't thought of looking at any lens in this fashion before and low and
behold you have taught me something that had not even entered my miniscule mind
before.

Thanks a bunch, as I generally think, "Leica OK that's great they do everything!
:) Obviously you have made me think more about what and how I'm using my glass
and in the future, let me assure you I'll be looking a little harder at results
as opposed to speed.

Even though I sometimes bitch about the techie stuff, and I beleive I've said
this before, that I have learned far more about lenses and hardware than I ever
thought mattered during my career by being in this LUG. If I Keep my mind open
and off my usual look at equipment and photography I can hnestly say this place
has made me think more about the value of certain equipment over another. One
lens over another. An old dog can always learn something new and a bunch of
tricks to boot! :)

We, you and I understand each other much more than we think we do when one or
the other jumps a tad quick. At least we don't seem to hold any grudge one onto
the other. :)

Thanks for making me see equipment on a broader scale than I have ever done in
the past.

Like you I really get off on backlighting and that form of accenting use of
light, but it never occured to me that one lens of the same focal length over
another would make it look even better.

Damn you,  now I have to seriously start looking at the aspherical lenses! :)
Thanks from my bank manager! :).

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant