Subject: Re: 2.8/90 Rankings
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 15:36:42 -0700

On 16 May 97,  ted grant <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>  wrote:

<snip>

> If you are big time into happy snap tourist stuff and or making
> prints 30 feet by 40 feet, I guess there would be some concern. But
> in reality on a working assignments of people and life, do you
> immediately see the difference one unto the other?  I mean in the
> crucial succes of the quality of the content?
>
> Just wondering.:)

Depends on what you're shooting, Ted. In typical photo reportage, I
can not see the differences, and like you, I'm interested in the best
focal length for the job and secondarily, handling qualities, size
etc. BUT, as I've said here before I'm hung up on backlighting using
this glorious AZ sun that we have in such quantity. I get off on
backlit cactus species. I purposely look for the low angle shots of
the sun peeking out behind a Teddy Bear Cholla. The 35/2 M
Sunmmicron is the greatest for street shooting as long as you like
the effect of street lights with it. It is not, however, the greatest
for flare, ghosts, reflections and coma. That is where the ASPH
shines and the results please me enough that I swallowed hard and
wrote the check.
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Docent: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com
         Thought for the day:
    A preposition is a bad thing to end a sentence with.