Subject: electrical lens contacts on R8
From: cyberdog@unicall.be
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 08:32:31 +0200

Does anyone know what the use of the electrical lens contacts on the R8 are
for? I read that their only function would be for the automatic adjustment
of zoom reflectors on compatible flashlights, but is there something more
to it? The R8 manual says that the electrical contacts on lenses transmit
lens data (such as the type of lens) and are used for an electronic
exposure control in addition of the normal mechanic exposure control.

In short, do I miss something if I don't use lenses with electrical
contacts on the Leica R8?

Thanks for a feedback.

Pascal
Belgium

This message was created and sent on a Macintosh PowerBook