Subject: Re: electrical lens contacts on R8
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 17 May 97 10:47:45 EDT

Pascal wrote:

<<<In short, do I miss something if I don't use lenses with electrical
contacts on the Leica R8?>>>>>

Pascal,

Not really missing anything at the moment. All my lenses (12) even though a
couple are brand new are not equipped with the contacts and everything I see in
the viewfinder for information of lens state is just fine.

There was some talk that they were for some kind of a/f, but that isn't
confirmed nor denied as I understand.

If I were deciding on buying or not buying a lens with or without contacts I'd
just go ahead and buy, as I don't see the electronics as a life saving item.

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant