Subject: Re: Mysterious R8 promotion ???
From: cyberdog@unicall.be
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 21:06:35 +0200

At 19:57 -0400 18-05-1997, David Freedman wrote:
>Here's an odd bit of marketing by Leica:
>
>"Thank you for puchasing your new Leica R8 camera. If your purchase was
>made prior to May 1, 1997, this certificate entitles you to one of the two
>following benefits at no charge:
>
>Conversion of any two Leica R lenses (zoom lenses not included) to be
>equipped with the ROM chip for full function with the R8
>
>OR:
>
>One Billingham #335 Camera System Bag"
>
>Interesting, no? I was wondering if there might be any other R8 owners on
>list and if their dealers informed them of this promotion?

There is no such deal on R8 purchases in Belgium. Official price around
here is about 101000 BEF which amounts to more or less 2885 USD for the
body.
According to Leica's distributor in Belgium, conversion of "old" lenses to
ROM equipped ones would cost around 3000 BEF per lens (90 USD).

Greetings,

Pascal
Belgium

This message was created and sent on a Macintosh PowerBook