Subject: Open Eyes
From: Vondauster@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 14:31:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

Donal Philby said:

<Yeah, bitch and moan as I may, we are blessed to live with open eyes.>

That's it! And that makes all the difference. Well put!

Over the years I am always amazed, and a little saddened, at those who look
but do not see the beauty, the details, the way it fits together and how the
light hits it just so...

When I carry my M6, or yes Oddmund, even my litttle Rollei 35 S, I notice
that I see more; that looking for that intersting composition or lighting or
subject or all of these makes me much more aware. And, while I strongly agree
that it is the loose nut behind the finder that is the most important
component of the process, I like knowing that the optics are not going to be
a weak link; that if I do my part they will faithfully render the image as
well as is possible.

Finally, no matter how many (thousands and thousands of) times I do it, every
time I get the developed images back from  the lab or develop my own, it is
like opening a present. How did the image work? Did I get that expression I
thought I saw for a millisecond?

Sorry for going on like this. I love what I do for a living.

Wilfred von Dauster
http://www.fsl.noaa.gov/~vondaust/www.will.html
(Site under construction...as are we)