Subject: Re: Incandesant light (technique)
From: Harrison McClary <hmphoto@delphi.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 21:19:42 -0500

> I especially liked the idea of shooting slow-speed-blur stuff in
>>the warm light.

Ben,

I recently did a shoot for Avon using just this effect.  I did not have any
Tungsten lights like Donal has, so I used he next best thing, a strobe
modeling light on full power.  I deactivated the flash on this particular
strobe, turned off the modeling lights on my active strobes (1 ballanced
daylight, 1 red, and 1 blue-they wanted very abstract) and shot away at 1/2
second hand held with a lot of camera movement on my hasselblad.  They
loved it.  With the modeling light exposing the film about 1 stop less than
the strobe it was just enough to warm things up and to give me plenty of
"tansparent" blur, if you know what I mean.

Cheers,

Harrison McClary
hmphoto@delphi.com
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto